Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tips on picking the perfect accessories and sharing some of my favorites

Have you been in the jewelry section of a store and a piece catches your eye, but you wonder if its worth the money and if you will ever wear it?
I have done that and here are some tips I have come up to help you decide....
1. If it is multi colored,such as beaded or gemstones of different colors.... Buy it, with all of those colors you are bound to find something to wear it with!
2. If you see a piece and you already have an outfit in your closer that will go with it. Who knows you might even have more you can wear it with then you think!
3. If its a classic, simple piece that will go with a tshirt and jeans or even a fancy dress.
4. If you see it and a smile instantly comes on your face... It's a must!
5. Try to stay away from the trendy stuff... In 6 months it will be out of style.

Here are a few pieces that I own that I wear all of the time!
The silver and gold dangly earrings are made by the same company and I love they way they are light weight into ears and are a very classic look. They go with everything!
I love beaded necklaces! This one has tons of colors in it and I can wear it with almost everything.
Every now and again, I love to wear one piece that just stands out and the flower blingy ring is just that!
The diamond ring is my wedding ring! My husband designed it himself and had it made for me. How could I not love it and consider it one of my favorite pieces?

Hopefully, this has been helpful and the next time you go shopping, you won't feel intimidated by picking out accessories to complete your outfits.









4 comments:

  1. I have in the last year started wearing dangling earrings and I love them. I realized that at the same time, I switched hairdressers and now I love my hair and I hadn't in years. So, it's a correlation, if you love your hair, you'll love wearing earrings. If you hate jewelry, maybe you hate your hair??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to have to agree with you crochetmommie! Great obsevation! Maybe I should do a blog about all different hairstyles and colors? Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a blog on hairstyles and colors, especially if you have tips on coloring at home. I have done that a couple of times and sometimes I have made a real MESS. I leave it to a professional now, but when you have kids at home and not at school, you really can't leave for TWO hours to get your hair done so you automatically think you can do it yourself. I mean, how hard can it be????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do that then! Coming in the near future to thi blog near you.... Hair and coloring it yourself...lol .
    Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete