Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Today is a day filled with love. I have several loves in my life....so here is a list of things I love....

I love my husband. He is a true hard working country boy who loves his family and farm.
My kids...who by the way have this great way of making my life chaotic and full of laughs
Our farm...full of cattle and black fences that in the springtime are lined with rows of dandelions that make me feel happy ( i know that dandelions are just weeds, but there is something about looking out and seeing a sea of dandelions growing in the fields)
My family....who are funny and CRAZY on a daily basis( by the way I love only 50 yards from my in- laws...yes you read that right, the in laws)
Our home....its always messy and full of noise but I wouldn't have it any other way
Cooking.... there's nothing like fixing a home cooked meal for your family and seeing the smiles and hearing "That was great! I want more!"
Fashion...I love all fashion, well except, maybe the Goth look...HAHAHA!


Notice on my list there is nothing about cleaning or laundry...I severally dislike doing both but someone has to do it.

Around here on the farm, we are not doing much for Valentine's Day. The kids are having parties at school and we have made the Valentines and bought the candy and made chocolate covered pretzels to share with all of their friends. But here at home, we will have a quiet dinner....well I don't know how quiet since our dinners are never quiet, but you get the point.

What are y'all doing for Valentine's Day? Are you fixing a dinner for your sweetheart or going out on the town?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's to my sweet friend!! I'm going on a date tomorrow with my wonderful husband. He actually proposed to me on Valentine's day. He made me a heart shaped cake and got me roses. He is actually the only valentine I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you crochetmommie! I love that story and hope that you have a great night out with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete