Monday, February 18, 2013

Our farm

These are just a few of the things I love about our farm. The views from my wrap around porch lend me to view something different at any angle.
I grew up in a neighborhood where the houses were right on top of each other and any time you went outside you saw someone. Living here on the farm, I don't have to worry about that, as much. As I have said in an earlier post, I live on the farm with Chad and our kids but also with my in laws.
I know you must be thinking..." How can she live so close to her in laws?"... but I have the best in laws in the world. They are not the typical in laws and we are all very close.
Living on a farm has always been an dream of mine and Chad's. When we started dating we would always talk about owning a farm one day and raising our family with the values that farm life gives. We would drive for hours out back country roads looking at all of the farms and dreaming of our future. Who would have thought that it would come true and so soon into our marriage. We bought our just after being married for about two years. It took a lot of sweat and hard work but it has been so worth it. It's a beautiful place live. Life is never boring on the farm!
We raise cattle. In the spring and summertime, I will open the windows to let the breeze flow through the house and I can hear the cows mooing and smell the fresh cut grass and it is so peaceful. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Do you have the same feelings about where you live or do you have dreams of where you want to live one day?







1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures. You all do have an amazing and beautiful place to live!

    One thing I like about our new place is...I look out the front door and it looks like I'm out in the country. But, I'm only a mile from walmart! haha

    <3

    ReplyDelete