Friday, March 1, 2013

A wedding and Summer Fiesta Salad

Good Afternoon y'all!

My week has been crazy! How about yours? My mom is getting married this weekend and she asked me to prepare the food for the reception. One of the dishes she loves is my Summer Fiesta Salad. The reason I call it that is because I usually only fix it in the summertime when all of the vegetables are in season....but...she asked for it, so she's getting it:)!


My beautiful mom!


Salad Ingredients:
4 to 6 ears or 1 bag of frozen Yellow Corn....you can either use corn on the cob or frozen corn. When I make this in the summertime, I want will go to my local farmers market and get fresh corn on the cob and grill it and then cut it off. Love the flavor the grilling gives the whole dish!
1 can Black Beans..rinsed and drained
2 Tablespoons finely chopped Cilantro
3 to 4 Tomatoes..diced
2 to 3 Limes

Dressing ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
1 Heaping Tablespoon Cumin
Juice from the limes



In a large bowl, add the corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, finely chopped cilantro and the zest of the limes. In a seperate bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin, and the juice from the limes you zested for the salad. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Then pour on the salad ingredients and mix.




My whole family loves this salad and I hope yours will too! It's a must try!!!!! After you fix this , let me know what you think!

I will post and blog about the wedding next week, so make sure to come back and see how the wedding went!

1 comment: