Friday, March 1, 2013

A Tribute to My Mom and Wedding Attire

My mom is getting married this weekend! It's going to be a small gathering with family and very close friends. I'm very excited!
My mom is such a wonderful lady and has always shown me unconditional love....even through my teenage years, when I'm sure I wasn't so lovable. She is funny, and full of life. I have learned so much from watching her live her life and from the long "talks" that she has given me as I have been growing up. ( I am still growing up even in my thirties...lol) Even though I am 34 years old, I will never outgrow needing my mother or her feeling like I am still a little girl.

She has asked me to be her Matron of Honor and stand with her as she marries her love. My daughter and I went with her to pick out her dress and it looks beautiful on her. It is navy blue and silver, with a little bling on the jacket. The wedding is casual and not at all what people might think a typical wedding should be.



This is my outfit that I have chosen to wear to the wedding. I purchased it at Dillard's and both pieces were on sale!!!!! Love it when that happens..LOL!

The dress is from Catch My i and was $34.00. The jacket is from Soulmates and was $44.00.
I love the casualness of this outfit for everday wear, but I can still dress it up with accesories for a date night with my hubby.


Spending time with my family is always how i love to spend my weekends, but add my mom's wedding in there and it's going to be a great weekend!

2 comments: